TFS Event Handler on W2K8 R2 x64

May 21, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I am trying to run TFS Event Handler on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 machine connecting to TFS 2010 RTM. I have installed Visual Studio 2008 Team Explorer with SP1 and the Forward Compatibility Update. When I try to run the service (after configuring it), I get the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
  FileName=Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
  FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = DEV\TFSServices
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/APPS/TFS Event Handler v1.3/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : Hinshelwood.TeamFoundation, Version=1.3.1.16971, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121ac25d20c8868d.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\APPS\TFS Event Handler v1.3\Hinshelwood.TFSEventHandler.exe.Config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/APPS/TFS Event Handler v1.3/Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/APPS/TFS Event Handler v1.3/Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client/Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/APPS/TFS Event Handler v1.3/Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/APPS/TFS Event Handler v1.3/Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client/Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.EXE.

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
  Source=Hinshelwood.TFSEventHandler
  StackTrace:
       at Hinshelwood.TFSEventHandler.TFSEventHandlerService..ctor()
       at Hinshelwood.TFSEventHandler.TFSEventHandlerService.Main() in C:\Working\Workspaces\CPTFS03\TFSEventHandler\DEV\Main\RDdotNet.TFSEventHandlerService\TFSEventHandlerService.Designer.vb:line 28
  InnerException:

This machine has VS 2010 Team Explorer as well and .NET Framework 4.0. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM

The event handler only currently works with the 9.* API. In order to provide this and still connect to TFS 2010 you need to install:

• Visual Studio 2008 Team Explorer 
  • Visual Studio 2008 SP1
  • Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server forward comparability pack for Visual Studio 2008
Sep 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Hi

I am facing the same issue. I have installed the service on a TFS 2010 app tier along with the 3 installs mentioned above. But when I start the service, I am still getting the FileNotFoundException for 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client, Version=9.0.0.0,'. Pls let me know how to resolve this

Thanks

Sandeep